Dwyane Wade Reflects On Leaving Miami Heat: “It Feels Like The End Of The World”

Dwyane Wade Reflects On Leaving Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Reflects On Leaving Miami Heat – Former Miami Heat guard Dwyane Ward has opened up on his very emotional exit from the team.
Wade signed with the Chicago Bulls during the free agency after failing to agree a new contract with the Heat, ending a 13-year story with the team.
“I love Pat Riley,” Wade said of the Miami Heat president. “He’s been someone who’s been a figurehead in my life since I got drafted here at 21. But at the same time, he has a job to do. He has a different hat to wear. That hat sometimes is not to be my best friend. That hat is to be the president of an organization and to be a businessman. And it sucks. You know somebody so well, you guys love each other, but the business side comes out.
“I’m not saying that we’ve hugged and cried and shed tears at this moment. But I love Pat. And I will always love Pat. And, you know, I know he feels the same way about me.”
“Moments like this, it sucks,” Wade said. “The business side of the sport, sometimes it just sucks. That’s what we’re dealing with.”
“They started playing tribute videos and I’ve assumed that’s what it’s going to be like when I’m no longer on this Earth,” Wade said of the reaction after he announced his decision. “That’s what it felt like. It felt like it really was the end of life. And I guess in a sense it’s the end of life in Miami — as of now.”
“This ain’t the ending of this book, but we got through a lot of chapters of this book,” Wade said, hinting at a possible reunion with the organization. “And this is a best-seller, for sure.”
“At the end of the day, they will understand as they get older they will have to make decisions for their families,” Wade said about how his sons took the decision. “Some decisions are hard. … Some are going to be seamless and easy.”