Ciara Explains Why She Broke Up With Future

Ciara
Singer Ciara made an appearance on Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club.
The singer spoke to DJ Envy and Angela Yee about a host of things, including ex-fiance Future, and shade from Tamar Braxton.
ON HER BREAKUP WITH FUTURE: “It clearly didn’t work out. But I have the greatest gift, the greatest joy of my life is my son. I feel like everything in life happens for a reason and my son has been the greatest gift that God has given me in my life, and been the most game-changing thing that has happened in my life in a necessary way.”
ON WHY IT DIDN’T WORK OUT: “I can’t really break all that down. I don’t even think it really matters to tell you the truth, especially when the ending is as great as it is with my son. That’s what worked out—my son.”

ON HER RELATIONSHIP WITH FUTURE: “We’re cool. We have a child together and I think as a parent it’s important to be able to communicate even if you don’t talk. We don’t talk every day. There’s no need to. But my son is clearly the connection between he and I. As parents I think it’s important to be able to communicate. I like to stay happy and I like to live life light and make the best of life.”
ON WHY SHE DATED FUTURE: “I’m human and I went with love in that situation. You can be with someone that has no kids and he can be the biggest jerk in the world. At the end of the day, I roll with love and my son’s father I really believe had the greatest intentions to love me and a beautiful thing came from that.”
ON JERMAINE DUPRI SAYING “I BET” IS A RIPOFF OF “U GOT IT BAD”: “Jermaine’s an expressive person. One thing about having a baby, you really don’t care about a lot of stuff. You really don’t have time to sweat stuff. If Jermaine walked in the door right now, we could hug each other.”
ON TAMAR BRAXTON’S SHADE: “If she was trying to say something crazy, I really don’t care. I’m gonna take it as she wasn’t trying to do anything funny and she was being sincere.”